Along time civil contractor has been in business for 30 years. The family owned business grew profitably and had the discipline in place to build a balance sheet that any company would envy. As the economy took a downturn, profit margins had to be tightened to win jobs. The management team, which had been in place for years, was forced to take a close look attheir operations.
What they found was that they had outgrown their financial system. They weren’t able to get the job cost reports their competition had. Just to keep in compliance, they needed numerous spreadsheets that had to be painstakingly updated manually. These inefficiencies were keeping overhead high, and prevented them from getting any sort of management reporting.
- Implementation of Timberline
- Implementation of paperless AP approval system
- Distribution of weekly job cost reports
- Savings of 45% in accounting related overhead
- Streamlined accounts payable approval process
- Dramatically improved job cost information
- Bi-Weekly project management meetings to review job costs and closely monitor budgets
- Accurate and timely information to base future bids