RedHammer is a fast-growing professional services firm specializing in outsourced accounting for the Construction Industry. Our success comes from having a strong team of people that leverage our best practices and advanced technologies to make a real difference for our clients.
RedHammer is looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee our consultants and accountants as they provide operational and financial data to support management decisions. Our Accounting Managers build deep industry knowledge as well as gain an overview of the entire business. We provide extensive training on industry-leading accounting software and practices.
As an Accounting Manager, you’ll have the responsibility for ensuring the consultants and accountants are meeting client deadlines and expectations. You will be able to delve into the details of the accounting tasks and be a trusted advisor. An Accounting Manager will facilitate the collaboration with other RedHammer team members to produce comprehensive solutions.
An effective Accounting Manager will communicate with all team members to ensure all valued deliverables are prepared accurately, and all timelines are met. The goal is to contribute to the decision-making process of our clients’ management to improve their performance.
- Oversee consultants and accountants to ensure deadlines and quality standards are met
- Oversee accounting procedures for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Payroll, and Job Cost
- Manage client relations
- Mentor and develop consulting and accounting staff
- Be a technical accounting resource for accounting and consulting staff
- Review and Explain the financial and operational data to stakeholders
- Analyze key financial data to evaluate the client’s performance
- Guide client through forecasts to assist business planning
- Collaborate with team members
- Interact and communicate with external entities such as insurance carriers, bankers, bonding companies, and CPAs
- Manage and collaborate with client and Redhammer resources
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles
- Experience and Knowledge with common Construction Financial Software - Including QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Online, Sage 100, Sage 300, Foundation, ViewPoint Vista, and ViewPoint Spectrum.
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in managing staff
- Able to manage multiple clients and multiple tasks
- Responsive and committed to providing excellent client service
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- CPA designation
- Communication – Excellent communication skills both verbal and written that are clear and concise. An ability to keep the RedHammer team as well as the client informed of what is going on without overburdening people with detail
- Leadership and Ownership – A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty. RedHammer and the client depend on you to own the deliverables. You are the first and last line of defense.
- Multiple Project Management – most Accountants are on multiple engagements, and must be able to manage all deadlines and deliverables and ensure that there is proper planning and backup to prevent resource conflicts and bottlenecks
- Problem Solving - Strong problem-solving skills identifying and resolving complex issues in an effective and time sensitive pace
- Interpersonal Skills and Collaboration - Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record as a collaborative partner who drives for results
- Detail orientation - Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
- Accountability - Exhibit a high level of energy, urgency, engagement, and accountability - 100% accountability, zero excuse.
- Group Medical
- 401(k) Plan
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Holiday Pay