RedHammer is the industry leader in outsourced construction accounting. We are hiring for our Consultant Accountant position. As a Consultant Accountant, you’ll have responsibility for overseeing accounting procedures, day-to-day activities, job cost data, budgets, forecasts, and the production of financial statements for our clients. You will regularly collaborate with other RedHammer team members to produce comprehensive solutions and results.
Our Consultant Accountants build deep construction industry knowledge by gaining an overview of multiple construction businesses. We provide extensive training o industry-leading best practices and opportunities for advancement.
An effective Consultant Accountant will ensure all valued deliverables are prepared accurately, and all timelines are met. The goal is to contribute to the decision-making process of our client's management to improve their performance.
- Implement and oversee daily accounting procedures for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Payroll, and Job Cost
- Be the conduit between the client accounting and operational teams and the RedHammer team
- Ensure accounting tasks are completed on-time and accurately
- Explain the financial and operational data to stakeholders
- Analyze key financial data to evaluate the company’s performance
- Interact and communicate with external entities such as insurance carriers, bankers, bonding companies, and CPAs
- Manage and collaborate with client and RedHammer resources
- Train client end-users on RedHammer accounting principles
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles
- Able to manage multiple clients and multiple tasks
- Responsive and committed to providing exceptional client service
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Willingness to learn and work towards industry certifications
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, or similar field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc)
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Communication – Excellent communication skills both verbal and written that are clear and concise. An ability to keep the RedHammer team as well as the client informed of what is going on without overburdening people with detail.
- Leadership and Ownership – A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty. RedHammer and the client depend on you to own the deliverables. You are the first and last line of defense.
- Multiple Project Management – most consultants are on multiple engagements and must be able to manage all deadlines and deliverables and ensure that there is proper planning and backup to prevent resource conflicts and bottlenecks.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem-solving skills identifying and resolving complex issues in an effective and time sensitive pace.
- Interpersonal Skills and Collaboration - Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record as a collaborative partner who drives for results.
- Accountability - Exhibit a high level of energy, urgency, engagement, and accountability - 100% accountability, zero excuses.